format error in kncounts.gz

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:25:33 PDT 2008

So if I already have a file my.kncounts.gz, and a series of and just
need a model out of my.kn1,...,my.kn5 files, should I restart with just

make-big-lm -name my -lm my -max-per-file 100000000 -kndiscount -order
5 -read my.kncounts.gz

-- how will it know the counts are already kncounts?  Or need I supply
the intermediate results with -kn options?

-- or should I instead give it the original counts to -read, and it
will find the intermediate results?

Cheers,
Alexy