[SRILM User List] lattice-tool -write-ngrams/-write-ngram-index

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Wed Dec 23 10:23:13 PST 2009

On 12/23/2009 7:51 AM, David Martínez González wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I am working with lattice-tool -ngrams/-write-ngram-index, and I want
> to assure if the counts calculated are weighted by the acoustic and
> language model log probabilities of the hypothesis of the lattices, or
> they are accumulated.

The counts are weighted be the POSTERIOR probabilities of the ngrams, as
obtained from adding and normalization of acoustic and LM probabilities.

I'm not sure what you mean by "accumulated",  but when the same ngram
occurs multiple times the corresponding posterior-weighted counts are added.

Andreas