[SRILM User List] Nbest list to lattice

Alfonso MHC alfonso at iet.ntnu.no
Fri Aug 20 06:32:20 PDT 2010

  Hello,

I would like to build a lattice in HTK format from a N-best list in HTK
format. They told me I should use srilm for this so I have looked at the
documentation. I think I should use nbest-lattice to construct the
lattice from the N-best list. Then use lattice-tool to read the previous
lattice and output it in HTK format. Is this correct?

If I understood correctly, nbest-lattice supports three formats for
nbest lists, but none of them is the HTK format. Is there any tool that
can transform an HTK master label file with the N-best list into one of
the formats that nbest-lattice supports?

I havent really found any examples of how to use the tools in srilm, is
there anything available?

Thanks in advance!

Alfonso MHC, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.