[SRILM User List] ARPA format for Ngram LMs with Jelinek-Mercer smoothing

Ariya Rastrow ariya at jhu.edu
Sun May 22 18:53:39 PDT 2011

Hi,
  I have a question regarding building N-gram LMs with Jelinek-Mercer
smoothing. I have optimized the weights using my own scripts on some
held-out data and now I am trying to write out the ARPA backoff format of
the LM. I have the N-gram probabilities and the corresponding weights for
1grams,2grams and 3grams. I was wondering if I could use SRILM toolkit to
get the ARPA representation of my LM. I have tried ngram script with
-count-lm option along with -write but then the script only writes out the
lm as a header file which is described under -count-lm option. I know this
is an easy task and one can use the weights as the backoff weights to get
the ARPA format. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ariya