[SRILM User List] Lattice decoding problems

Stephan Gouws gouwsmeister at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:53:03 PDT 2011

> Lattice-tool has the -read-mesh option which allows it to read CNs directly.

Thank you for the reply, Andreas. I am going to use SRI-LM's
-read-mesh function. Just to be very clear on the mesh-format:

>From the documentation, the format is given as
"""
name s
numaligns N
posterior P
align a w1 p1 w2 p2 ...
"""

Now, please correct me where I am wrong here:
- name s can be any string, e.g. name "somename". Do I need quotes?
- numaligns == the number of confusion sets in the CN, plus the
initial and end nodes? Do I need explicit initial and end nodes?
- what exactly is P??
- a gives the current confusion set position, starting with 0 for
"initial", 1 for the next, etc, and N-1 for "final" ?
- each individual confusion set's pi's must sum to 1?

So for this CN:
[
[(0.2, "a"), (0.8, "b")],
[(0.3, "c"),(0.7, "d")]
],

I would encode it as:

name "somename"
numaligns 4
posterior P
align 0 "initial" 1.0
align 1 "a" 0.2 "b" 0.8
align 2 "c" 0.3 "d" 0.7
align 3 "final" 1.0

Is this correct? And how do I compute P?

Thank you very much for your help!
Stephan