[SRILM User List] lattice-tool error while loading mesh

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at icsi.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 11 17:25:37 PDT 2012

On 7/11/2012 3:15 PM, Long Qin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to load a confusion network in the mesh format using the
> lattice-tool. The mesh contains word level time mark and scores. The
> command I used is "lattice-tool -read-mesh -in-lattice mesh" And the
> lattice-tool outputs the following error message:
>
> mesh: line 5: invalid word info
> error reading mesh
>
> The mesh file was generated using the "nbest-lattice" tool. So I guess
> the format should be correct. Then the question is can lattice-tool
> work with mesh file with word level time mark and scores?
Did you generate the mesh using nbest-lattice -use-mesh  ?   Can you
send a small sample file?
It should not happen.

> Another question I want to ask is how can I convert nbest hypotheses
> into a word lattice with time marks, acoustic and LM scores? It seems
> the nbest-lattice tool can only produce a lattice without those word
> level information.
Actually, nbest-lattice will do this when (1) the -nbest-backtrace
option is given and (2) the nbest lists are in the 'NBestList2.0' format.
See the nbest-format(5) man page.  The format is awkward if you don't
happen to be using the SRI Decipher recognizer, but it should work if
you carefully convert your data into this format.

Andreas