[SRILM User List] SRILM trigram worse than HTK bigram?

Dmytro Prylipko dmytro.prylipko at ovgu.de
Tue Nov 27 09:49:30 PST 2012

Dear Andreas,

I checked everything one more time, in a 'clean' test conditions.
Under this conditions, the results are predictable:
- Output from HTK recognizer - 73.71%
- Just decoding of the generated lattices with lattice-tool - 73.71%
- Rescoring with HTK bigram and decoding - 73.78%
- Rescoring with SRILM trigram and decoding - 75.72%

I guess my previous results were so contradictory due to specific test
conditions: I was playing with OOVs, which had a particular influence
on the construction of the word list.

Thank you for the help and sorry for the inconvenience.