[SRILM User List] Reobtaining time information

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at icsi.berkeley.edu
Sat Aug 3 16:36:02 PDT 2013

On 7/30/2013 6:19 AM, Joris Pelemans wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am currently extracting n-best lists from lattices using the SRILM
> lattice-tool for LM rescoring purposes. Unfortunately the extraction
> removes the detailed time information that is present in the lattice.
> I was wondering whether it is possible to reobtain this after finding
> the best hypothesis from the n-best list i.e. search the lattice for
> this hypothesis and reobtain the time information?
>
> By the way, I am using the -ignore-vocab option during n-best list
> extraction. Does this complicate matters or can you also use this
> option to find the time information?

There was a discussion about this recently.  It turns out there is
currently no way to dump the alignment information associated with
N-best lists, though that information is available internally.  Part of
the issue is that there is no standard format (that I'm aware of) to
represent N-best lists with alignment, pronunciation, and other acoustic
information.

If you are interested and willing to put in some work I could advise on
how to extend SRILM with this capability.

FYI, there is a way to include alignments info in confusion network
output, in case that helps.