[SRILM User List] linear interpolation of LM

MATHUR, Prashant prashant.mathur at xrce.xerox.com
Fri Oct 18 08:38:50 PDT 2013

Hi,

I wanted to know how do I do linear interpolation of several models given their weights?
Also, can I interpolated more than 10 models at once?

I tried several hit/trials so far. Nothing seems to work for me.

$ngram -lm small.lm.1 -lambda 0.7 -mix-lm big.lm.1 -unk
It doesn't throw any output or error.

when I try -write option
$ngram -lm small.lm.1 -lambda 0.7 -mix-lm big.lm.1 -unk  -write-lm mixed.lm.1
write() method not implemented
error writing mixed.lm.1

but when I try
$ngram -lm small.lm.1 -lambda 0.7 -mix-lm2 big.lm.1 -mix-lambda2 0.3 -unk  -write-lm mixed.lm.1
Then the mixed.lm.1 file is the same as small.lm.1

My SRILM version is 1.5.3.
I read that there are many ways of interpolation such as count-based and log-linear interpolation.
I tried the options -count-lm (throws a format error), -loglinear-mix (didn't do anything)

I am out of options. Please help!

Thanks,
--
Prashant